Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The beginning...

Well there's nothing like procrastination.

I leave for Berlin in 24 hours, and I just now created this blog to document my 2-week trip. Nothing like a deadline to get yourself in gear, I guess.

Hi, my name is Jennifer Keil, and I am a 21-year-old journalism student from the University of Florida. Tomorrow (or technically later today), I will be leaving from my home in Orlando and traveling to Berlin for a photojournalism study abroad program. During my visit I will be working on a photo story and updating this blog with my pictures and impressions.

John Freeman, a photojournalism professor at UF, is leading our group. This is the fourth year he's led the program, and the first time a blog has been required of students.

To get an idea of what the photo stories are like, check out the Web sites from the 2005,
2006and
2007trips.

When the program ends on May 29, I will travel in Europe for three more weeks with my boyfriend, Seth, visiting Munich, Rome, Cinque Terra, Zurich, Paris and Amsterdam.

More to come, but I have to finish packing now!

No comments: