Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The end...of my Berlin study abroad

Woo-hoo, my project is done! Check out my photo story on Stefan Kraul, a fashion photographer in Berlin. I also wrote a short profile on him, but I don't think it's posted to the Web site yet. Enjoy the slideshow!



Sorry I haven't written in a while. The past few days have been very busy, but not with anything particularly picture-worthy. I've spent waaayyy too much time in the hotel lately, but that's what happens when your hotel is also your classroom. Our project was due at noon yesterday, so I was working on it all day Monday. I literally did not leave the hotel except for 15 minutes to get some food to bring back for lunch. Later Monday night we ordered a pizza, which was an interesting experience in Berlin. The good news: it was delivered right to our hotel room. The bad news: it wasn't cut...weird.

After our projects were due yesterday, we ventured out for a relaxed late lunch at a biergarten in southeast Berlin on Lake Mugglesee. It was one of the most beautiful places I've been in Berlin. The biergarten was right next to the lake so there was a beautiful breeze. Even though it is technically within the city boundaries of Berlin, the woods all around made it feel very rural. Lot's of people were out sailing and windsurfing, and there were even swans in the lake!




After stuffing ourselves with the best German food I've had so far - bratwurst, sauerkraut, German potato salad and, of course, beer - we walked through a tunnel that went under the lake to relax in a beautiful nature area full of bike and hiking trails. A stop to get ice cream before getting back on the U-bahn nicely rounded out our day.

No comments: